Re: RBL turf wars (was: ABOVE.NET BLOCKING ORBZ!)

  • From: Margie Arbon
  • Date: Sat Nov 17 01:37:42 2001

--On Saturday, November 17, 2001 1:15 AM -0500 Alex Pilosov <[email protected]> wrote:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Margie Arbon wrote:

Point of clarification:

RBL is a registered service mark of MAPS, refering to the Realtime
Blackhole List.

This has **nothing** to do with us. At All.
Correction: Other than the these two things:

a) Paul Vixie is a cofounder, chairman and CEO of MAPS LLC and at same
time CTO of MFN (parent of above.net)
Paul has zero involvement at MAPS. He hasn't had any involvement with MAPS for quite a while. AFAIK, he is President of PAIX, not CTO of MFN.

b) Dave Rand is a cofounder and executive director of MAPS LLC and at
same time EVP of MFN.
Dave is the Executive Director of MAPS. He is no longer at MFN. Hasn't been for a quite a while.

Don't get me wrong, I like MAPS and I think ORBS/MAPS flamewars are
silly. (And certainly hoping I'm not starting one now). But a little
bit of honesty never hurt anyone, and its a bit disingenious to say
that there's absolutely nothing in common between Above/MFN and MAPS.
I am never anything BUT painfully honest. There is nothing disingenuous about this at all. There is *no* relationship between the management of MAPS and that of above.net, MFN, PAIX or any other entity.

Please check your facts before you question someone's integrity.

--
We now return you to your regularly scheduled flame war.

Margie