Re: wireless traffic

  • From: Rodney Thayer
  • Date: Fri Nov 09 12:49:48 2001

based on the reply stream so far I guess there aren't really that
many "standards lawyers" here.

IEEE maintains a list of "AUI prefixes".  You can get a copy
various places, I'd start with www.iana.org.  Or, walk around
your organization and your local computer store and write down the
first three bytes on the mac address listed on the box (assuming
they document it on the box)

sure, you can change the mac address.  you can also convert a pringle's
can into a radio antenna.  bfd.  if you are looking for a first-order
approximation don't worry about that.