Re: wireless traffic

  • From: Andy Ellifson
  • Date: Fri Nov 09 12:35:09 2001

Taken from the file that sets the iwconfig options for Redhat
v7.1(/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts)

Lucent Wavelan IEEE (+ Orinoco, RoamAbout and ELSA)
Melco/Buffalo Networks WLI-PCM-L11
*,*,*,00:60:1D:*|*,*,*,00:02:2D:*)

Cisco/Aironet 4800/340
*,*,*,00:40:96:*)

Samsung MagicLan (+ some other PrismII cards)
*,*,*,00:00:F0:*|*,*,*,00:02:78:*)

Raytheon Raylink/WebGear Aviator2.4
*,*,*,00:00:8F:*|*,*,*,00:00:F1:*)

Old Lucent Wavelan
*,*,*,08:00:0E:*)

Netwave (Xircom Netwave/Netwave Airsurfer)
*,*,*,00:80:C7:*)

--- Art Houle <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anybody know where I can locate a list of MAC address prefixes
> that
> belong specifically to wireless NIC cards?  I am looking for a method
> of
> discovering what devices on my network are wireless devices.
>

> Art Houle     				e-mail:  [email protected]
> Academic Computing & Network Services 	 Voice:  850-644-2591
> Florida State University		   FAX:  850-644-8722

=====
-

Andy Ellifson

Instant Messaging IDs
Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, AOL, and AT&T ID: ellifson
ICQ ID: 3972547