Re: DNS Host Handles/Registrations

  • From: J Bacher
  • Date: Wed Nov 07 15:09:17 2001

At 01:49 PM 11/7/2001 -0600, you wrote:

I should probably have been more specific.  I am not trying to associate a
DNS server with a particular domain, that's obviously a no-brainer, using
any registrar.  I am talking about registering the DNS server itself, so
that it may later be associated with a given domain or domains.

For example, if I was to just pick an IP at random, build a DNS server on
it, and try to plug that IP into register.com's screen, it
(register.com) would refuse to accept it, as it would not be a "known" DNS
server.  I need the process which *used* to be known as registering a a
DNS server and obtaining a host "handle" for it.
From NetSol's site:

http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/makechanges/itts/host;jsessionid=PMHYXIGLKP2HZ WFI3EFCFEQ