Re: Last NYC 9/11 Internet repairs

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Nov 06 21:38:32 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Mike Moglin wrote:
> I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that my company was not offered
> any alternatives what so ever.  As a matter of fact in a conversation
> earlier today the tech on the phone joked that I could have had new service
> installed faster than this is getting repaired.

Call your Worldcom/UUNET sales person and ask.  Also call your
AT&T, Sprint, Verizon or favorite local ISP salesperson asking if
they have any special services to help businesses recover service lost
after September 11.  Different carriers seem to be able to get services
in different places.  So you can't assume just because one carrier can't
deliver, no carrier can deliver.

You may not get the exact service, or exact location you had before.  If
you are flexible, folks have been successfull getting some service
restored somewhere.