Re: Last NYC 9/11 Internet repairs

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Nov 06 20:37:59 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Mike Moglin wrote:
> Let me clarify...
>
> Several customers in lower Manhattan using UUNet DSL (they resell covad) are
> still experiencing outages, they've closed all the tickets and rolled them
> up into a master ticket.

As of September 24, COVAD reported less than 450 DSL customers were
without service, out of an original 30,000.  The remaining customers
were served by Verizon loops out of 140 West St.

I believe UUNET (as well as several other providers) have offered
customers the option to restore some service through alternative
product offerings.  This includes wireless, dialup, and installing
service in other locations.

Are you claiming those UUNET customers weren't offered alternate
ways to restore their service?  Or they declined the offer, and
prefer to wait for their DSL service whenever it may be restored?