Re: NY ranks #1 in Internet b/w

  • From: Nipper, Arnold
  • Date: Mon Nov 05 11:11:46 2001

> steve wolff wrote:
> >
> > Few folks I guess recall the dial-up line that ran westward from Beijing
> > Karlsruhe that functioned in the early-to-mid '80s.  It ran at 300 baud.
On
> > good days.  -s
>
> Steve, sure I do and Arnold Nipper on the list will as well since he I
believe
> implemented it... Was it not 9.6? Later is X.25........

Dave,

when I joined the team of Werner Zorn in '89 the "China connection" already
was well established.

-- Arnold
Dave, just for the records: IIRC it were Michael Rotert, Gerd Wacker and
Michael Finken (both now/still?? Conware) who set up the CSNET connection to
Beijing. Must have been1985 or so.