Re: redistribution

  • From: Chrisy Luke
  • Date: Sat Nov 03 14:12:47 2001

Randy Bush wrote (on Nov 03):
> > if you don't, then traffic from cust2 to customers of exchange peers will
> > trombone across the expensive link.
>
> and back again, and back again, and ...

Only if you're mad enough to try to run BGP across a network with
forwarding devices in the middle that don't.

Even a monetary argument for this weak. Routing decisions in a routing
domain need to be deterministic otherwise you risk the loops you mention.
In a small network you may be able to get away with it. I personally have
better things to worry about and I am sure most people do too.

IGP's rarely make the same decisions as EGP's. They don't have the same
data to base their decisions on.

Chris.
--
== [email protected]                                    T: +44 845 333 0122
== Global IP Network Engineering, Easynet Group PLC     F: +44 845 333 0122