Re: 214/8 and 215/8

  • From: Joe Provo
  • Date: Thu Nov 01 09:54:21 2001

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 11:44:50AM +1000, Philip Smith wrote:
> I seem to remember that they were exchanged for 49/8 and 50/8. Seems a
> bit odd that this was done, and I'd love to know what the technical or
> operational or political advantage was. Maybe the IANA folks can shed
> more light?

Obvious immediate advantage: bypass A-space filters. They probably also
have swampy /24s that need visibility as such but couldn't be renumbered
until after having non-A-space.

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  508.486.7471
Director, Internet Planning & Design                 Fax    508.229.2375