Re: ISP-ISAC (was Re: New Alert :: Whens the 'Net the target?)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Nov 01 06:18:53 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Kelly J. Cooper wrote:
> So, instead of a bunch of hot air about the ISP-ISAC not doing
> anything when we haven't even started yet, howzabout ya'll give me
> some good solid feedback to this request?  Because I only got 3
> (serious) emails and a phone call last time I asked.  (All with
> good suggestions, btw, but I'm hoping for more).

Those are all good ideas, and I expect we'll get the same response
as before.  The usual suspects will join the effort.

How about something no commercial provider can accomplish on their
own?

How about an industry coordination center for diesel fuel oil delivery
during a national emergency?  Would your management be willing to pay
$10,000/year membership in an organization which coordinated with local
and federal authorities to make timely deliveries to all the critical
communication facilities in a restricted area during an emergency?