Re: New Alert :: Whens the 'Net the target?

  • From: Dave Morton
  • Date: Tue Oct 30 13:20:49 2001

Randy Bush wrote:

> > I agree.  But I'd rather set up a sacrificial neck for the government to
> > wring instead of letting the beaucrats pick one at random.
>
> couldn't think of a better one than IOPS, years of hot air and doing
> nothing real.
>
> randy

Don't worry - the authorities themselves will find the goat and hang it !

At random !

Bigger is better - here they went after Compuserve at the time.

They only need one !

Been there, experienced that. No idea what IOPS is but is sounds so familiar
to similar experiences here. That's BTW about 5 years ago.

Some of us in certain parts of Europe (DE) went through this a few years
ago - at least we had a good lawyer here to follow, track the stuff they
were at and finally convince the equivalent of your highest big DA
(apologies - forgot the US terminology right now) to a) forget the
simplistic approach b) to accept a consensus of what was technically
possible.

To my own surprise it worked............after a few goats got hung..
Needless to say it cost time, effort and money and a lot of suffering
for some individuals.

What's my point; one can only ingore the law, be it good or bad, so long
but at the end as an *SP (broadly defined) regardless of where on the
planet you operate, you will have to try to conform. But - you need an
org. of some sort to articulate what is possible and not - go for it !

Or a good lobby group....

Dave