Re: FBI is at it again

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Mon Oct 29 13:39:50 2001

In message <[email protected]>, "Daniel Golding
" writes:

>Are you kidding? The problems with this are numerous. First, the source is
>Fox News, which is about a half step up from the Drudge Report.

I tried posting this before, but I don't think my note got out.
Basically, from what I've heard this report is indeed inaccurate.  The
FBI is holding a meeting on Thursday of this week where they will
explain their new desires, and the legal justification for them; let's
see what they say.  (Btw -- this is apparently work that's been going
on for two years; it's not in reaction to September 11.)

		Full text of "Firewalls" book now at http://www.wilyhacker.com