6500 Supervisor IOS/Native mode (RE: 12000 ACL issue)

  • From: Pete Kruckenberg
  • Date: Sat Oct 27 17:09:02 2001

So, just curious if there's a large crowd going towards 6500
"native" mode (using Supervisor IOS instead of CatOS
"hybrid" dual-headed monster).

I've heard of a few enterprise- and metro-area networks
migrating from a 7500+GSR platform to 6500's, but none are
running 6500 native mode.

Seems like native mode is pretty new, maybe 18 months old
now. Not many IOS versions to choose from, but plenty of
bug-fix releases (5 since Aug '01). Curious whether anyone
is testing or operational with it, and what your experience
has been.

Pete.