RE: Fwd: Re: Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Fri Oct 26 17:57:04 2001

At 04:46 PM 10/26/2001 -0500, Quibell, Marc wrote:
>That's great Pat, I especially liked the twist/jump from "upgrading to
>DS3...etc" to "Who said I had to use a standardized method to deliver my web
>page?". Intead of trying to figure out what your web page has to do with
>our- standardized upgrades vs. non-standard, non-internet-community
>sanctioned "internet performance enhancement" ping probes- debate, I give
>up. I see that the subjects at hand are a big scramble in your gord.
>Regardless, have a wonderful weekend.

Marc, you continue to latch on to random statements in random e-mails, take them out of context, ignore the main points, and then wonder why people cannot follow your logic. Honestly, I do not blame you for giving up.

I still stand by my assertion that the IETF has nothing to do with DI pinging someone. And I stand by my assertion that lots of people do lots of things that are not standardized, and this can frequently be a Good Thing, both for the networks / web pages / whatever involved, and the Internet as a whole. (Feel free to point out that it can also be bad, just so everyone knows you got the last word, even if that was not the point.)

Oh, and it's patRICK. Or at least Happy. But not "Pat". Show some simple courtesy and at least look at the signature.

--
TTFN,
patrick