Re: Fwd: Re: Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt?

  • From: Jason Forester
  • Date: Thu Oct 25 23:32:35 2001

(apologies for the slow reply, as I read nanog via the archives updated once/hour).

Of course we will honor requests to stop.

As Joe said, 400 packets in two hours is not very much traffic. The end result of the measurements is improved service to people who use the Footprint service, which includes anyone who downloads files from Microsoft or views their website (in other words, much of the internet, including people at bblabs.com).

I encourage anyone who wishes the requests to stop (with the possible consequence of reduced performance for their clients) to contact [email protected] with your IP range.

Apologies for any inconvenience that the packets may have caused. BBlabs /24 has been added to our exclude list.

- jason