Re: High risk profession - Internet companies

  • From: Scott Francis
  • Date: Thu Oct 25 00:34:24 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 04:39:18AM -0400, Sean Donelan stated:

> I did not find an official source on the CDC or Washington DC Department
> of Health web sites.  The Washington Post has a story today which
> includes Internet companies in a list of high-risk professions.  I
> do not know if there is any specific information for including Internet
> companies in the list.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42450-2001Oct23.html
>
>   "Anyone with flu-like symptoms -- an elevated white blood count, coughs,
>   body aches, respiratory problems -- would be given antibiotics if they
>   work in a high-risk profession or had "credible" exposure to anthrax
>   bacteria. That includes people who work at postal facilities, general
>   mailrooms, media organizations, government offices or Internet
>   companies."

Somebody should notify the Post that one cannot contract this particular type
of virus from an email. :) (Not with current MIME technology anyway ...)

--
Scott Francis                   [email protected] [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
Systems/Network Manager          [email protected] [work:]         t o n o s . c o m