Re: MCI outage? (Telephone too, problems reaching PacBell)

  • From: David Schwartz
  • Date: Wed Oct 24 21:42:41 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:16:02 -0400 (EDT), Sean Donelan wrote:

>Worldcom (MCI) lost its lines to the Spacepark CO.  Spacepark is one of
>those 100 "important" COs.  So connectivity between regional Worldcom
>customers and the rest of the country may be impacted, but the rest of the
>country/globe is unaffected.

	You do seem to know the right people to speak to. Everyone I spoke to either
said, "we did publish the wrong 800 number on some of our bills, is that what
you're asking about? Or is that corrections facility that can't make collect
calls? I know all about that?" or "Yeah, there's a problem somewhere in
California, but I don't know what, where, or whether there's a ticket
number".

	Anyway, our affected circuits (fortunately for us, just 2 T1s and some voice
lines) are back.

	DS