Re: Alldomains.com registrar?

  • From: Henry Yen
  • Date: Wed Oct 24 19:52:31 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 04:14:09AM -0700, Mike Batchelor wrote:
> While investigating the reason for a "no such domain" bounce for a message
> bound for amgen.com, I found that amgen.com has no records in the gTLD
> servers.  Furthermore, neither does Amgen's registrar, AllDomains.com.   Has
> that registrar gone out of business and taken their customer domains with
> them?

ns{1,2}.alldomains.com. have valid A records in the root (a.gtld-servers.net.).
it appears that whois.alldomains.com. is a cname to reg.alldomains.com.
i notice that their SOA serial is 20011012.
on the other hand, whois [email protected]
(or for bsd'ers, whois -h whois.networksolutions.com. alldomains.com) returns
apparently valid information.

it's almost as if the "NS" records for alldomains.com. is missing from the
root/gtls servers (although the "A" records for ns{1,2} are in there)?
--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York