Re: Postmaster 'best practices' query

  • From: Ryan O'Connell
  • Date: Mon Oct 22 10:55:57 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 10:33:56AM -0400, David Lesher wrote:
> Every site should accept/respond to "postmaster" -- T/F?
>
> Or is it "Every site running mail"....
> Or every box running mail?
>
> IOW: Which of the following are required vice recommended vice
> best practives, etc.
>
> a)	[email protected]
> b)	[email protected]
> c)	[email protected]
> d)	[email protected]
> e)	[email protected]
>
> and most important to me: where to I go to justify the
> decisions on same?

RFC823 section 6.3, [email protected] must be valid for all domains accepting mail.
Something I've had to quote a lot.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<[email protected]> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time