NetSol's PGP auth ... and the road not taken

  • From: Joe Rhett
  • Date: Mon Oct 22 03:27:50 2001

> i've been trying to add a pgp key to the verisign/netsol database for the
> past two weeks. i've sent four messages, opened three web help requests,
> and spent three hours on the phone with their helpdesk. they know less
> than their customers about their own procedures and web documentation for
> adding keys for PGP guardian auth.

Don't waste your time. We had PGP auth working for the last 6 years. It
will slow down any change you want to make by 3-5 days. Around 30% will get
rejected for no reason whatsoever, and much more fun stuff.

They're probably ignoring new submissions because they never finished an
automated infrastructure to support it, which means they do it all by hand,
painfully for them and their customers.

If you do insist on going that route, get used to sending the mail, then
calling up and waiting on hold for 1-2 hours, then pushing to get someone
who knows what PGP is to process the message. Otherwise it make take 5 days
before you get a response, and it will be a confused rejection.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
[email protected]                                      ISite Services, Inc.