Re: NOC Question

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Oct 19 22:34:40 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:27:01 PDT, you said:
> paraded through, and nocsters generally dont like that.  I once worked in
> a NOC where they had a conference room next to it with quick open and
> close shutters.  So you'd be workin, then on display all of a sudden
> without warning.  I really loathed that.

I heard a story (probably apocryphal) about some NOC monkeys that got fed
up with the shutter routine - so they cobbled up some little X programs
to start putting BIG FLASHING RED BOXES with ominous-looking text, and
launched it when the Big Boss was showing off the zoo animals - they then
feigned panic, screamed, and ran out of the room, leaving all the flashing
red boxes on the screens.

They only had to do it a few times before the Big Boss clued in... ;)

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst