Re: [NEWS] FBI To Require ISPs To Reconfigure E-mail Systems (fwd)

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Thu Oct 18 02:27:23 2001

Not picking on anyone in particular but just plucking an example at ~random:

> Funny you should mention that, as I think we are about to find out.

It's possible that the feds are going about this in the wrong way.  Rather
than seeking ways to expose that wrongness if any, we ought to be putting
our effort into figuring out what they're trying to do and then making a
recommendation (or several) as to how to actually get it done.

Put your shoulder to this wheel, folks.  Or find someplace else to live.
(There's a four year sunset provision in the law they're passing tonight.)