OpEd Security practices

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Oct 15 17:19:27 2001

I read this OpEd piece today, and it captures many of the discussions
I've had with people during the last month.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ucrr/20011013/cm/security_in_the_homeland_--_a_tough_job_1.html

I highly recommend Charlie Schnabolk's book, Physical Security: Practices
and Technology.  Its one of several I've found very helpful in trying
to understand security.  Hiring ex-cops is one facet of security, but
there is more to security than big guys with guns.  In today's world
you need a multi-disciplinary group handling security.