"Virtual" multi-homing providers

  • From: Ng Pheng Siong
  • Date: Fri Oct 05 13:18:38 2001

Hello,

I'm looking at deploying "POPs" at several IDCs across the globe.

Each POP will contain several servers. (At most ten.) I would like each POP
to use the same set of IP addresses; connections to these IP addresses will
get to the nearest POP by virtue of routing.

IOW, I think I'm wanting to have all my POPs belong to one AS, as if said
AS multi-homes to each POP/IDC, except that the multi-homing is virtual,
because I don't have links from my "enterprise network" to these IDCs.
(Well, I don't expect to have much of an enterprise network. ;-)

Are there providers of such? Will I be able to get a globally routable IP
block for my AS? Or is my best bet to pick one provider which has global
presence? (Which such global providers are there? Do people like Exodus or
Digital Island count?)

TIA for your input. Cheers.
--
Ng Pheng Siong <[email protected]> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps