RE: staffing guidelines

  • From: Murphy, Brennan
  • Date: Thu Oct 04 20:32:32 2001

How many more did you ned for config and support? Suppose too that your
network
was global, covering EMEA, APAC and North America.

I am interested more in how many *engineers* are needed on 200, 500, 2000
device
networks, where "device" means routers, switches and any servers that
support
the routers/switches such as HP Openview, Sniffers or ACS servers,
...Firewalls, etc.

Anybody dare to take the number of devices on their network and divide by
the number
of network support staff you have?

Shouldnt there be a paper from Gartner or Giga on this topic?  Can anyone
reference
one?