Re: netsol: not processing requests?

  • From: Tom Glover
  • Date: Wed Oct 03 15:38:32 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, *Hobbit* wrote:

> okay, since you appear to be successful at getting NSI to jump when you say,
> how 'bout sending in some more details to nanog about HOW you manage to do
> it?  Even down to how you format your mail to them, which is apparently
> important since their auto-parsers are so broken, and down to what magic
> words you say to humans over the phone, and how you escalate out of the
> worldwide-scattered call-centers up to someone with an actual CLUE ...
> I think if you provided this information, you would do the NANOG community
> a great service.  Too many of us have wasted too much time dealing with
> NSI, and I'm sure that swapping registrars isn't an immediate option for
> many of them...
>
> _H*

I used their Web site to request a list of all zones using my nameservers.
I got it within 3 days. I then called them and asked how they wanted me
to handle a global change request. At that time they gave me what they
call a "Service request number" and told me to send an e-mail using that
number. Specifically they told me to send an e-mail to
[email protected] with a subject of "Global Change Request"
and quoting the "Service request number" as the first line of the e-mail
body. I did this and all zones were changed as requested within a few
days.

--
Tom Glover