Re: 800-number outage?

  • From: Kevin Day
  • Date: Wed Oct 03 12:09:18 2001

According to Ameritech, at 8:15am they had a "server overload" that knocked
out toll-free service for the 5 state area. They said it came back up for a
while, but is definately back down now. Oddly enough, 800-244-4444
(ameritech customer support) works fine for me, but an 800# we have through
ameritech ourselves doesn't, so it's not a case of internal v.s. external
working/not working.

Also, we've got a DS3 down since around 8:45am, and our carrier doesn't have
a non 800# to open a ticket (that they're aware of). Yet another reason for
people to test and maintain non-toll free numbers for critical services...

-- Kevin

--
Kevin Day
[email protected] - [email protected]