RE: Exodus "locking down" customer gear due to bankruptcy?

  • From: Cristopher Daniluk
  • Date: Tue Oct 02 21:37:42 2001

[snip]

> Which means they have to do a very careful inventory of all
> of EXODUS's
> assets. But a server owned by me, colo'd at Exodus, isn't an
> Exodus asset.

No, but their receivables are and they are technically a landlord.
They have what is considered a landlord's lien in many states,
whether or not the contract specifically provides for one.
If the state that the server is in has such legislation, that
equipment is essebtuakky a substitutable asset in place of your
delinquent receivables.

Companies typically only care to enforce provisos like that when
accounts are tremendously past due OR when the landlord (EXDS
here) is in financial trouble and knows every penny counts.