Re: Exodus "locking down" customer gear due to bankruptcy?

  • From: Jeff Mcadams
  • Date: Tue Oct 02 21:18:46 2001

Also sprach Steven J. Sobol
>On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Grant A. Kirkwood wrote:
>> Having personal experience with a facilities-based providers'
>> bankruptcy, I can say that generally an asset management company
>> becomes involved

>Which means they have to do a very careful inventory of all of EXODUS's
>assets. But a server owned by me, colo'd at Exodus, isn't an Exodus
>asset.

>Your explanation sounds a lot more logical than the original
>assumption.

I can say that shortly after ICG went into Chapter 11, I went to
retrieve some equipment from one of their co-lo's and was prevented from
entering until the person there "checked some things out."  I never did
find out what they were checking out, and I was allowed to get my
equipment, but it certainly seemed like I was about to be prevented from
doing so for a little bit.  FWIW.
--
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email protected]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848