Re: wanted: 'beacon' hosts ?

  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
  • Date: Tue Oct 02 16:12:29 2001

On Tuesday 2 October 2001, at 15 h 49,
"Peter Galbavy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Can anyone help (reciprocally would be fine) by providing permission to use
> ICMP Echo and HTTP GET requests against something on their network (that is
> well connected and reliable)

This is a very good idea. If you want to use www.gitoyen.net, ask me in
private.

> PS I know this is NANOG, but I am even more interested in hearing from UK
> and European networks.

Unfortunately, there is no such list for Europe :-( The closest is
[email protected] which talks more about bureaucratic issues and less about
technical ones.

> PPS If people are willing to offer this as a 'public' service, I will
> happily summarise back to the list and/or build a web site with details.

A Web site to exchange easily beacon hosts would be a great idea. That's why I
reply in public.