Re: RE: Three months until circuits repaired

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Tue Oct 02 12:38:33 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Frank Coluccio wrote:

> Our local ISP's T circuits are still down hard in the South Street Seaport, and
> our POTS phone lines have been forwarded to a number of newly created cellular
> accounts.

We have a few T's out of West ST to customers up and running as of a few
days ago.  Our customer at 1 Liberty is still down, however, as is another
on Chambers.

Even stranger is that we have a few Covad circuits up out of West ST:

Central Office NYCMNYWS
IP Address 216.223.220.xxx

core-1>ping 216.223.220.xxx

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 216.223.220.xxx, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 20/29/44 ms

This customer is about 5 blocks north of WTC...

Charles