Re: Provider Bypass

  • From: Christopher Wolff
  • Date: Sun Sep 30 20:19:58 2001

Hi Joe,

There is 0% packet loss, but latency is around the 80ms range.  The customer is using FTP as their metric for comparison...not great, but considering that our provder has two paths one through Phoenix and one through Houston, and one path can sustain 250KB ftp transfers but the other only sustains 50kB ftp transfers...I would love them to reroute our traffic through Phoenix but am having some political difficulties to overcome.

I would think there is a way for us to static route this traffic through Phoenix, or hardcode it in the BGP table...I tried a few tweaks with no joy.

Thank you for your input,
Christopher

From: Joe St Sauver <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:10:26 -0700 (PDT)