Re: The Gorgon's Knot. Was: Re: Verio Peering Question

  • From: Michael Whisenant
  • Date: Fri Sep 28 20:57:36 2001

Got a question, so a 7513MX2/8 fairly new model within Cisco still ONLY
supports 256MB of Ram. So lets track the trends and try to predict when Cisco
will force everyone into a new BGP master router? The issue as well
remains that with 256MB RAM and RSP8 in a 7513 on a default free network having
200+ peering sessions and 100K+ routes consumes well over 128MB of RAM and the
processor load spikes into the 80%-100%  when major instabilites happen.
Continue  with uncontrolled growth to the Internet routing table and you will
soon be replacing it with something bigger (but that would help the stock
pricing rise aobe $12 share, huh).