Re: BGP tables, PC hardware, et al.

  • From: matthew zeier
  • Date: Fri Sep 28 18:19:05 2001

> Zebra: OSPF is twitchy, BGP is either great or takes > 1 hour to converge
> a full table, with no clear reason why, and it does not support anything
> but Linux/Intel sanely, yet.

I'm running Zebra on a Netra AC-200 (Solaris 8) with 256MB RAM with a couple
BGP peers.  Zebra doesn't claim to support Solaris but it works fine.

I'll give you that it's slow and don't do anything in Solaris that will show
you the routing table (either 'sh bgp ro' or 'netstat -nr') - Solaris seems
to have an issue displaying 110k routes.

- mz