Re: The Gorgon's Knot. Was: Re: Verio Peering Question

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Fri Sep 28 16:20:08 2001

At 08:06 PM 9/28/2001 +0000, Joseph T. Klein wrote:

>I want to you to put a couple of channelized DS-3s, an ATM OC12c,
>and a POS OC48c to your backbone plus all the BGP peers you can sign
>up at AADS on a PC.

Please show me a single router, from any vendor, which supports those interfaces yet cannot handle 100K+ routes. Even while under significant (but not 100%) load.

>The black and white simplicity expressed by people on this forum is
>unbelievable.

You mean like: "Yet, I don't belive every corner of every network has routers that can
easily chew through 100,000 route tables." ??

--
TTFN,
patrick