Re: GPS SA and Network Timing

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Sep 26 22:36:54 2001

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:39:37 EDT, David Lesher <[email protected]>  said:
> GPS is nothing but timing.
>
> I'm not quite sure how you'd change "position" without timing.
> Position is a function of time measurments...and a bunchamath.

The vast majority of people will not notice that their clocks
are 400 nanoseconds off.  What are they going to check against?

The vast majority of people WILL notice if they hit the concrete
wall that's 400 feet past the highway exit.  That's VERY easy
to check against.

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech