Re: GPS SA and Network Timing

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Wed Sep 26 15:13:21 2001

Wolfgang Henke wrote:

> DOT Releases Report Assessing Vulnerability ... of Global Positioning System
>
> http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/pressrelease.htm
>
> Looks like SA won't be turned off during crises, since theater based
> jamming was found to be effective.
>
> --
> Wolfgang Henke
> WH Networks

Unless the theater was our homeland. Then they would turn it on (not off - it's
a positive act) globally. The jamming would deny access entirely, and that's too extreme for
the USA.

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : [email protected]
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html