Re: Question on Source Routing Option

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Wed Sep 26 13:54:28 2001

You dont have control where other people's networks are involved.. not
even with source routing.

You just need to work out what tolerances your software has and make it
tolerant to 99% of the paths you're likely to find on the internet.

If its critical that the path is reliable, your best bet would be to use
selected providers which you are happy with and which peer well with each
other so that you get the best performance by not introducing unknowns.

Steve