Re: The backbone that sucks least?

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Wed Sep 26 01:40:37 2001

> We have servers colocated in 8 locations, 4 each with 2 of the big-name
> colo providers, one of which made news today (no points for accurate
> guesses).  We are looking at adding new server locations in a carrier
> neutral location like Equinix (who else is doing multiple carrier neutral
> locations and has available space?

paix, for one.

> Of those, who sucks least?  Does paying extra for UUNET actually get you
> anything extra (better customer service, better billing/accounting service,
> better trouble ticket tracking and reporting)?

i've just got to say that uunet's monitoring and trouble ticketing is Great.
i don't know whether their backbone is good or not, but their proactive
monitoring and subsequent issue tracking is just Great, that's all, Great.
whoever set it up should definitely buy themselves a cigar, or whatever.