Re: Points of Failure (was Re: National infrastructure asset)

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Tue Sep 25 16:18:55 2001

> Being at the
> end of a 6,000 foot T1 circuit to a CO is the worst of both worlds.

	Hum... but in this case I have direct control on the
	physical access to my hardware.  For some, this outweighes
	the "proximity to diversity" of telecoms paths. If I want
	(non-authentic) copies of the data spread far and wide, thats
	a service I can buy from a number of suppliers. I don't have
	to put -MY- hardware close to the telecoms mesh. I want my
	keyserver where I know I can protect it from barbarian hordes.
	In such a case, a long, thin gauntlet might be the best choice.

--bill