RE: Points of Failure (was Re: National infrastructure asset)

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Mon Sep 24 20:41:07 2001

Why would security by obscurity work in this case?

Any terrorist with a quarter of a clue can find out the addresses of enough critical buildings to cause a huge disaster in about 30 minutes (*hint* Find sites for providers that have hardware coloed in major buildings and that list the addresses of these POPs. No names will be provided, but I have at least one in my mind. Repeat this process with some major peering points, a listing of which is quite easy to find).
I might add that it's much easier to find this out than it is to crash some airplanes into prominent US buildings; I doubt a 30 minute Google search would tell you how to pilot airplanes, but perhaps I'm just a little naive.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.
[email protected]