Re: National infrastructure asset

  • From: Anthony Townsend
  • Date: Mon Sep 24 16:20:10 2001

dont forget too that a good part of transatlantic
fiber is backhauled through the holland tunnel into
lower manhattan, one of many reasons why all the
co-los are on the lower west side (in addition to
cheap buildings with heavy load capacity). also one of
the (again many) reasons i presume the tunnel has
remained closed.

according to Telegeography, Inc of Washington DC most
of the BIG capacity cables like Mercus-1 and TAT14
come ashore in New Jersey around Manasquan. its mostly
the older stuff that arrives on Long Island.

--- Alex Rubenstein <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Jan-Ahrent Czmok wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:00:30 +0100
> > Alex Bligh <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > AB> 111 8th Avenue. These buildings are
> significant PoF in NY, and
> > AB> NY itself is pretty much an SPoF as far as
> transatlantic communication
> > AB> is concerned.
> >
> > Well.. I would declare the SPoF rather in the
> whole area. Fibre trails are
> > coming in from the seaside mostly near Mineola.
>
> Mostly? I donut think so; my recollection is a vast
> majority of
> trans-atlantic stuff coming in ocean and monmouth
> county, NJ (manasquan,
> etc).

=====
Anthony Townsend