RE: Points of Failure (was Re: National infrastructure asset)

  • From: Matt Levine
  • Date: Mon Sep 24 15:10:58 2001

Also keep in mind the trends that the "consumers" of the service use;
If ohare got nuked, you would also see a serious DROP off in
passengers; much as the airlines are seeing right now.  If PAIX fell
into the ocean, presumably there would be other things going with it,
and there would be an INCREASED usage on the net as people try to
scour for information..

Not that that's particularly related to the issue, just another
example of why it's a poor analogy..

My $0.02

Regards,
Matt

(BTW, I'm flying thru ohare tomorrow, so if anybody has
aforementioned intentions, please re-schedule.)

- --
Matt Levine
@Home: [email protected]
@Work: [email protected]
ICQ  : 17080004
PGP  : http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6C0D04CF
"The Trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."