Re: National infrastructure asset

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sun Sep 23 17:52:58 2001

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Bob Bownes wrote:
> USG has assets inside a number of co-lo providers. One of the companies
> I work with happens to provide some under sub-contract to DOE. No
> details available as to where it is however. :-}

Various departments and agencies of the US, state and local government
have assets in lots and lots of co-lo providers.  I had several circuits
designated for "continuity of government."

However, no other provider has been designated by the White House as a
"National Infrastructure Asset." Sprint and Worldcom provide FTS2001,
but they haven't been designated "national infrastructure asset" by
the White House. Other than an Exodus press release, I can't find any
record of the phrase in the Code of Federal Regulations, the Federal
Register, or any official White House public record in the govdocs
database.  I don't know if being designated a "national infrastructure
asset" is the same as the 50th wedding anniversary greeting the White
House sent my grandparents (which looks very impressive framed on
the mantel), or if it actually has some practical effect.

But my question wasn't really a debate over the phrase "national
infrastructure asset," but whether there are any other assets the
Internet community believes should be included in pre-planned responses.