was Virus fix---Network Associates' fixes/filters, etc

  • From: Murphy, Brennan
  • Date: Thu Sep 20 14:55:09 2001

Network Associates' Mcafee business unit has released a stand alone tool to
remove the nimda virus/worm. See this web page for more information:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99209

Obviously, existing anti-virus software DATs have also been released.

Network Associates' Sniffer business unit has released Sniffer filters to assist
with identifying infected machines. There is even a way to set up an alert to
send an email once the worm's signature traffic is detected on a network.
See this web page for the filter and more information:

http://www.sniffer.com/other/jump/nimda-filter.asp

I am not authorized/~/able to answer software specific support questions--so please
do not contact me with those.  :-)  However, if I see a generic question posted to
this list about the worm that I can answer, I will do so...time permitting.

Thanks,
-BM