Re: Pattern matching odd HTTP request

  • From: Bill McGonigle
  • Date: Thu Sep 20 11:29:41 2001

On Thursday, September 20, 2001, at 10:36 AM, Noah wrote:

I haven't tried it myself (yet... it's on the plate), but mod_tsunami
(http://bert.tuxfamily.org/mod_tsunami/) may work better. It limits the
number of connections on a per-directory basis, using the apache
scoreboard. The primary issue I had with mod_throttle when I was looking
at it (a few months back) was that it was fairly CPU intensive. This may
or may not be an issue depending on how much traffic you push on a
"normal" day (whatever that is).

Looks like a good module, but in this case the server hasn't received a GET yet (and won't), so I don't think it would have a chance to do any URI pattern matching...

-Bill