RE: Trend Micro FIX_NIMDA.EXE - was Re: Virus fix

  • From: Indra PRAMANA
  • Date: Wed Sep 19 23:58:51 2001

Andras,

At 07:46 PM 9/19/01 -0700, Andras Bellak wrote:
Norton released a definition file yesterday that cleaned everything but the .eml files and made the systems resistant to re-infection. They released an update today that got the .eml files as well.

Yes, but this requires us to install the antivirus software as well. Do you know any tools like FIX_NIMDA.EXE that can fix the problem automatically without having to use the antivirus software?

I still haven't seen anything that cleans up the htm, html, asp, etc files, but there are a few utilities that work fine for doing that one.

What are the utilities? Where can I get them?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers.