Re: Worm probes

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Tue Sep 18 10:28:19 2001

At 09:54 AM 9/18/01, [email protected] wrote:

Has anyone else been seeing a dramatic increase in /scripts/.. NT worm
probes this morning?  We're seeing about 8000/second, starting around 9:15
Eastern time, to and from a wide variety of addresses.

Is CodeRed or one of its relatives scheduled to start sweeping again today?
We've never seen this level of traffic related to the NT worms.  Even
though we don't run any NT at all, we still have to suffer :(
First ones appeared today, and so far I see 17650 attempts on just one of my servers. We don't run any Microsoft stuff either, but that doesn't keep our servers from getting hammered...
Daniel Senie [email protected]
Amaranth Networks Inc. http://www.amaranth.com