RE: CNN and NAWAS

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Mon Sep 17 20:15:26 2001

I lived near NORAD, whilst working for MCI. The tour is amazing. The Space
Command Center is equally amazing. Their target tracking systems and info
processing capability is equally amazing, what I've seen of it. That
capability exists now. Unfortunately, what is equally amazing is the poor
state of the civilian systems. Hughes (HAC) should have been awarded that
contract, back in 1987, rather than the IBM/Raytheon clan that fsck'd the
pooch. Parts of the FAA air traffic control system are older than I am.