Re: What Worked - What Didn't

  • From: Mike Lewinski
  • Date: Mon Sep 17 18:16:10 2001

> Are you aware of any "downside" to implementing this command ?

I opted against using it on our network, after considering the
consequences of having an eBGP link go down for a few seconds repeatedly
(which has actually happened here twice in my memory). Under this
circumstance the fast-external-fallover would probably have caused our
routes to be dampened.

Other than that, I think it's probably a bonus that a single very brief
failure on an eBGP link doesn't require the tables to be reset.

Mike

When